We’re a small agency that lands big ideas. We work hard, play hard and always go beyond the call of duty. Our Proofreader/Jr. Copywriter is no exception. It’s about more than reading. This person reviews every piece of advertising material produced by the agency on behalf of our clients and the agency, they also pick up a pen and help with copy when needed. If you like reading, writing, style guides, puns and punctuation, you’ll flourish in a group that enjoys working and playing together. Send your resume along with a link to your work to: JOBS@BARBERMARTIN.COM
RESPONSIBILITIES - Proofreader
- Perform quality checks for spelling and grammar.
- Uphold brand standards and ensure clear communication of client message.
- Collaborate with account management, copywriters and art directors to find solutions to content concerns.
- Appropriately label and organize client folders and files on agency server.
- Manage workflow efficiently and take responsibility for timing and delivery.
RESPONSIBILITIES - Jr. Copywriter
- Be able to produce great work within guidelines, deadlines and budget.
- Handle various writing projects like agency blogs, technical client assignments and press releases among other things.
- Assists in writing copy for key strategic campaign/projects and new business presentations.
- Execute writing assignments that are on brand, on voice and on strategy across all media channels.
- Contribute meaningfully to the ideation and conceptualization of marketing and content ideas.
- Work collaboratively with creative partners as well as other members of creative and core departments.
- Works with Account Management to ensure that the client’s objectives are being met.
- Must be able to understand when to use formal English proofing methodology and when to use “advertising language.”
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at the same time, with competence and a cool head.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate with colleagues.
- Ability to handle more than one assignment at a time.
- Ability to think strategically about the assignment, the client and the client’s priorities.
- Appreciation of the interplay between copy and visual elements in a single piece of communication and as part of a series.
- Must have 1-3 years proofreading experience – direct advertising experience preferred.
- Must have 1-3 years copywriting experience – direct advertising experience preferred.
You know that feeling you got when you arrived at the playground? What to do first? Ohhhhhh, the slide…no the see saw, or the merry-go-round you’ll quickly regret once you get on it.
Yeah, the Barber Martin Playground is kinda like that. It’s a place where anything can happen. It’s for creative thinkers of all kinds. Strategy, management, art, copy, film, digital brains to meet up with real businesses and tackle their marketing challenges. For 8 weeks, interns will engage in creating game-changing communication while being guided by some of the industry's leading talent.